Click here for a downloadable version of resume.
KRISTINA M. KROOT, MBA
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS PROFESSIONAL
Highly motivated and top-performing professional with 8+ years progressive experience in B2B and B2C marketing, communications, business development, social media initiatives, public relations, customer relationship management and introducing innovative services in the digital marketing industry.
- Experience identifying and capturing market opportunities to accelerate expansion, increase revenue, and improve profit contributions.
- Proven ability to interact with clients and increase retention levels, as well as to optimize overall brand awareness in the market.
- Technical Skills: MS Office; Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop; SAP; Workfront; Salesforce.com; HTML knowledge; conversant with WordPress.org CMS and social media applications, as well as Google and Omniture analytics.
- Implemented an "abandoned cart" email campaign that encouraged purchase completion, resulting in a 3% increase in monthly sales for Altice USA.
- Successfully integrated various marketing programs and tools with Mobiquity Networks CRM platform to align marketing and sales initiatives, increase customer relationship management efficiency and more effectively measure marketing ROI.
- Led redesign of Mobiquity Networks website on time and within budget, driving a 77% increase in website traffic and a 154% increase in lead generation within 6 months; increased Mobiquity Networks Twitter and LinkedIn followers by 288% and 245%, respectively, within 6 months.
- Redesigned and implemented responsive email marketing campaign for Mobiquity Networks, driving a 32% increase in subscriber base and a 58% in lead generation within 6 months.
- Developed and executed product videos and web content as part of go-to-market strategies, which generated a 28% increase in digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) product sales, despite a competitive and declining market.
- Generated over 112 million media impressions and increased consumer product awareness to support sales through the launch of “The Full Story” program of Nikon Inc. in partnership with National Geographic. Received min’s 2013 Integrated Marketing award for contest and sweepstakes, along with honorable mentions for Social Media Initiatives and Total Integrated Program Technology awards.
- Collaborated with the public relations agency in conceptualizing and managing Nikon 1’s “Small Moments are Huge” Facebook program; produced more than 10 million media impressions and augmented sales through strong consumer brand awareness. Received PR News’ 2013 Social Media Icon Awards for Facebook: Contest/Games.
- Consistently maintained top accounts for the New York region by significantly reducing telecommunication and billing issues; improved and remodeled services, which generated five figures in monthly sales.
Plan Manager, Residential Acquisition Marketing, Altice USA (Cablevision)
November 2015 – April 2017
- Managed a staff of 3 marketing professionals and develop and maintain $2M annual budget while overseeing all aspects of the Optimum brand and Suddenlink acquisition mail, email and website tactics.
- Integrated acquisition and upsell initiatives to ensure synergy across all tactics in order to maximize results, monitor competitive environment and leverage learning to increase tactic performance.
- Identified, developed, and implemented all traditional and non-traditional acquisition and upsell channels leveraging new technologies ad appropriate.
- Recommended testing strategies including creative, positioning, segmentation and offer.
- Identified new vendors and manage creative vendor relationships, overseeing the development of all acquisition and upsell marketing tactics from concept to execution, including digital, online, social media, DRTV, radio, print, direct mail, email, outbound telemarketing and sales collateral.
Marketing Manager, Mobiquity Networks
Garden City, NY
July 2014 – November 2015
- Collaborated with Chief Marketing Officer in developing and implementing new marketing plan to increase 2015 revenue.
- Devised marketing plans to ensure consistent brand vision and standards, architecture, value proposition, positioning and assets, to optimize brand marketing strategies.
- Conducted market research and analysis including brand recognition, beacon technology trends, and competitors to determine marketing strategy.
- Drove the development and implementation of content strategy across the department, resulting in aligned campaigns, optimization of assets, and consistent themes and branding standards in all content.
- Tested and implemented national cross-channel marketing efforts including search, lead generation, email, direct sales materials, marketing automation and various other tools/activities.
- Utilized CRM and analytics software to lead and conduct performance tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Assisted product development team with testing of product architecture, design, functionality and performance.
Product Marketing Specialist, Nikon Inc.
July 2013 – July 2014
- Developed the go-to-market plan and launch strategies for new DSLR, lenses and accessories with digital integration, and monitored post-launch outbound activities and evaluated the effectiveness of product launches.
- Established the unique features of Nikon products in the United States and Latin America markets by continually supporting product awareness development.
- Conducted market research and analysis including VOC, audience segmentation and product recognition.
- Analyzed industry data sources including NPD and GFK to establish marketing objectives through organizing and assembling data from product selling and market share, competitive activities such as product launches, discontinuations, placement, price moves and promotions, and channel inventories.
- Fostered and maintained relationships with industry-specific analysts and key opinion leaders to understand and meet the needs of consumers; developed the value proposition, product and solution positioning and marketing tactics for new product launches.
- Created and designed sales and technical presentations, product demos and videos, and trained sales force.
- Directed development of all forms of collateral including product pages, web content, FAQ, Learn & Explore articles, sales and channel training, and PowerPoint presentations.
Communications Coordinator, Nikon Inc.
November 2010 – July 2013
- Facilitated promotions of DSLR, mirrorless cameras and other specialized public relations programs.
- Coordinated with public relations agency in securing proper approval and on-time delivery of consignment equipment for editorial reviews, product placements, television commercial shoots, events, and other materials needed.
- Prepared spreadsheets and analyzed budgets (estimate versus actual) for advertising and public relations agencies.
- Maintained all annual and semi-annual budget reports for departmental annual $70M budget.
- Managed contract negotiations and budgeting for two programs.
Marketing Assistant I, Anheuser-Busch
New York, NY
December 2009 – November 2010
- Built and maintained customer relationships by providing assistance with clientele, national media scheduling and buying in select sport markets for top five consumer products.
Sales and Retention Manager, Broadview Networks
April 2008 – December 2009
- Monitored competitors’ products, market share and new products introduced in the market and developed market strategies accordingly.
- Developed sales and reporting procedures and met demanding deadlines in collaboration with the the vice president of direct sales in New York region, 5 sales directors, and 35 account managers.
Global Master of Business Administration + Digital Marketing, 2014
IE Business School, Madrid, Spain
Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Economics, 2011
State University of New York (SUNY) Empire, Saratoga Springs, NY, USA